We are super happy to announce that our very popular Prototyping in Code UX Bootcamp is back!
We’re working with our new partners at General Assembly to bring you better than ever UX Bootcamps, using the successful formula of great trainers, an extremely practical and hands on format and two intensive days of pretty hard work to help you build what are becoming some of the most important skills in User Experience and Digital Design these days.
We’ve got three fantastic ‘trainers’ who have a great mix of code and teaching skill and who are passionate about helping others learn the skills they’ve got in order to make better experiences on the web.
- Peter Gasston, Senior Developer at TopTen.com
- Anna Debenham, Freelance Front End Developer, Maban.co.uk
- Alex Morris, User Experience Director at Mark Boulton Design
The program looks a bit like this:
Thursday (optional): Code Fitness for Beginners
A fast track path to learn HTML and CSS for people with limited, out dated or no knowledge at all in preparation for two days of Prototyping in Code.
Friday and Saturday: Bootcamp
- From design to code – work out how to turn a photoshop file into HTML and CSS, how to structure your code to bring your design to life.
- Using frameworks for rapid development – learn about how to use and get set up with a development framework so that you can prototype more quickly
- Some more advanced HTML including forms
- JQuery and JQuery UI
- All wrapped up in practical, hands on, development projects
- Feel free to bring your own project to get started working on!
This bootcamp is designed to help good designers become better designers by allowing them to transform their designs into prototypes for user research and to make better interactions by working more closely with their medium. Bootcamp is not intended to turn you into a professional front end developer or to have you producing production ready code.
Prototyping in Code UX Bootcamp will be held at the General Assembly London Campus in Clerkenwell on 7/8/9 June 2012.
Places are limited – get your ticket today!